June 18, 2003

Coupla songs I wrote.

Paint the World
I think of you and paint a scene. Pastel dreams, pastel scenes. The world seems emptier to me. Without your face, without your taste. The wind, your hair, I remember. Reddened skies, hurtful good-byes. The sand, your toes, remains forever. I can't forget. Dream an easier life, burn your truths to the ground. Lie amongst the flowers, paint the world a different sound. These roads, they're barren, a dreary place. What of you? What was true? Wishing only to see your face. Sky turns black, I turn back. A stream is boasting a brand new idea. Your gentle eyes, your gentle lies. The water flows into your hair. I can't forget.


Our Perfect Romance
Sweet tragedy, the pillars fall. Your lips like wine, my own enthralled. The burning sea casts a furtive glance. The sand burns to glass, your eyes watch it dance. This is our decoy. We hide behind the moon. Your image fades too soon. This is our decoy, too perfect to believe. The last star fades as we leave. Hidden from view, our hopeful glow entwines us in a somnambulant show. Deceiving the sky, two minds become entranced. No one else can see us, in our perfect romance.

Like a Lost Cancer
Shrouded in dust, we steal the night into the future. Grinning at the sky, like cats, we puzzle the nocturnal air. The horizon is a sweet line of light, designed by motion. Destroyed by spite, the moon sinks into the ocean. We became a part of the moment, apart from the romance. Harbored by our senses, we thanked the sky and melted away. The flowing waves, full of deceit, savored and gave their memories to me. Profound and weathered, the water fills my lungs. With lips like an angel, and eyes like a demon, the sweet flavor enraptures my tongue. Downcast, the fire erases the day. The night, like a tyger, encases decay.

No comments: