July 27, 2003

A cyanide-laced love letter delivered with a smile.
A broken display of hope, a valiant effort all the while.
Tears drowning razorblades again, the dead scent of my heart burns the eyes and throat of this abject work of art.
I can't remember the last time you listened to my dreams, but I will continue to soar above the screams.
Piercing blood through my hands, saving each drop for you.
I'd take a million more shots, just to make it true.
I can hear the aching inside your voice.
I can see you're shaking, inside you've lost.
This crystal lattice of razorwire tears through my clouded vision, like novocaine it numbs my senses.
My blinded eyes and deafened ears still know you're here, and my fractured heart bleeds cinders.
I now have the strength to finally open my eyes, I'm safe in this suicide.
I feel the sweet surrender of the truth, can't you?
I'd never say good-bye forever to save my life.
I'm dying inside.

No comments: