September 11, 2003

No, this part of my blog is NOT fake, it's real.
In being like Josh, I am posting several bands on mp3.com that I have found and liked. However, my reviews may not be as cool as Josh's. Excellent bands are in bold. Almost excellent are in italics. You should definitely check out the bands in both of these categories.

Odd Project - My favorite band. Not that I found on mp3.com, but my actual favorite band. They're melodic metalcore with some really catchy vocal melodies. Amazing stuff. Production is top notch for an unsigned band. UNSIGNED, and they're this good. 10/10

The Prisoner's Dilemma Pretty good band. Probably best to call them emocore. Melodic singing with hardcore backups, a la Open Hand or Thursday, perhaps. I don't think I'd go out of my way to see them though. Pretty generic. Production quality is good. 6/10

Crestfallen I like these guys. They're in between the previous two bands in their style. More singing that Odd Project, yet much heavier than The Prisoner's Dilemma. I like them, and have in fact burned them onto cds. The singing is a bit flat sometimes, but its pretty good. 8/10

They Came Burning Excellent band. I just found them today, and man are they great. Just give them a listen if you don't believe me. Extremely heavy, with extremely melodic breakdowns. Wow. 9/10

One Dying Wish Although bands with poor production quality usually turn me off, this one is a little exception. They would be extremely great with better production. They are sort of like a much heavier version of Thrice mixed with something else... maybe Atreyu? No... more like A Static Lullaby. Yeah, they sound kind of like them, but better. With good production they would be getting a higher score. 7/10

Not Quite Bernadette Another surprise. Listing their similar bands as Thursday and Taking Back Sunday, I was prepared for another dismissal. However, they quite surprised me. The production is good, the singing is good, the guitar work is pretty catchy, not to complicated or anything. The beginning of their first song "Results, Not Causes" was surprising with very melodic singing over dissonant hardcore guitars. 8/10

Above This Fire Now for the more hardcore bands. These guys definitely fall into this category. Very very good band. Very heavy, very awesome. 9/11

Your Last Breath Man, I just keep on finding good bands. I could be here for days. Very heavy. The Production quality has a bit of a hollow sound to it, probably too much reverb on certain things, but it's still good. 8/10

As I Lay Dying WOW. Everybody will likes this. Extremely heavy, extremely hardcore, extremely metal. The intro riff on their first song was great. The whole song is great. 10/10

It Dies Today Damn. All I did was type in Bleeding Through as a similar band, and now all the bands I click on are amazing. Excellent gutairs, excellent vocals. 10/10.

Alright, after those last two bands being absolutely amazing, I have decided to stop.
EDIT HASTE Another 10/10

No comments: