March 05, 2006

The Time Engine Paradox

Lude's dead.

My vision turns cloudy as I sit here, shivering, alone in my room. It fills with smoke, I don't know why. Maybe I'm dying. No. Shake that thought from my head. Maybe I've been lying here too long, so long in fact that the luminance from my computer screen is teasing my eyes into phasing out the rest of the room. Maybe I'm just tired.

It's been several long weeks since last I fed this journal any tails. Swallowtails, preferebly. I've been living near the top of the hill called Worcester for the last seven weeks. I do this four times a year. I enjoy the scenery, the wonderful snowfalls that drape the land in whites and blues; I learn the ways of the software engineer, the electrical engineer, the chemist, the physcologist, the mathemortician, and most of all the friend. Yes, my friends are like me: the chemist, the software engineer, the mathemortician, the electrical engineer. I'm rambling. Maybe I'm just tired.

I got a fortune cookie today. It said "You will make a name for yourself." That's probably the most accurate fortune cookie I've ever gotten. The amount of names I've made for myself I couldn't even count on one hand. Unless of course it means I'm going to be famous. If that's the case, then the fates had better be reading this. Speaking of fates, the best bands in the world as of late appear to be Elvenking and Dragonland. I know what you are thinking and you can just stop right there. No, I am not a dragon nor an elf, but that's the glory of music! Anyone, anywhere, at any time can enjoy music if they only have ears, a way to get music, and deep pockets. It's that simple. Or maybe I'm just tired.

Have you read the Golden Compass? Have you read the Subtle Knife? Have you read the Amber Spyglass? In a perfect world, I would only have to ask the first of those three questions, following which I would be able to correctly assume the answers to the second and third question were the same. Sadly, this is not a perfect world and I am not a perfect person (argue it if you want, but I can present a formal proof if needed). However, let's not get off track. Those three aforementioned books comprise the best fantasy trilogy of recent years, "His Dark Materials." Yes, I would even dare to say it's definitely better than those Harry Potter books, and I must say that I have never read them, nor do I plan on it. Well, if you answered "no" to "Have you read the Golden Compass?" then I recommend you go to your nearest library or bookstore, get it and read it. Of course, it will only follow that you will then read the following two, because the first just leaves you wanting more, and they only get better. Or maybe I'm just tired.

I must say, after reading above said books, my affinity for writing has once again been sparked. These affectuous sparks pale in comparison to... yeah, I'm tired. Please respond with your nominations for the 2005 - 2006 annual Adam Fiske is Awesome Awards. Thank you and may you rest in peace.

No comments: