December 31, 2005

Deus Ex Machina

It's my 21st birthday. Right. Fucking. Now. I know what you are thinking. Why aren't you out getting drunk, reveling in high spirits, painting the town red, etc and so on? Well, it's simple really. It's 12:40 in the morning and it's only been my birthday for 40 minutes. Coupled with the fact that I don't drink, have no car, no friends, and no magical powers I am at a standstill. What I really should be doing is finishing this book. It's really a pretty neat book and I am really enjoying it. Of course, I was enjoying it more when I was reading it, but hey, computers are computers are distractions from almost everything in existence these days. But in all honesty, I promised someone I would have the book read by something like this weekend. I don't know if that will happen because I am rather lax in finishing the book (i.e. there are still roughly 300 pages left), but I will give it my all and my all ain't just a stick in the mud.

So a lot has happened in the two or three months since the last time I wrote a majestic entry in this electronic book, this holy of holies, this internet webamajig. Let's see... where to begin. Well, first of all, I had a lot more schooling since. In fact, I had another seven weeks, two classes, and one third of an IQP's worth of schooling. I learned a lot and now I am a changed man. The brilliance of it all was all in my head. That's not to say I imagined the whole thing, but rather that I am a rather brilliant human being. Truth be told, I am one of only two people I know who's clean-shaven bald head actually makes one wince and squint due to the immense amount of brilliantage shining forth. Why do you think I had to grow my hair so long? Nay, 'tis not simply my wit's desire, but it was a desideratum, a necessary evil if you will (and I know you will).

Yes, school was fun. And now it is winter break. The three weeks where I sit at home planning to do all sorts of things but not doing anything but nothing. Part of the reason is no car, as stated earlier. Part of the reason is no friends, as stated earlier. Part of the reason is no magical powers, as stated earlier. And part of the reason is no motivation, as stated earlier. However, a few neat things did happen so far on this break of breaks, this holy of holies, this--well, let's not start that again. One week ago tomorrow was Christmas. That's right, Christmas. Although for me it seemed to last three days. Three days of complete eternity. And yes, I did get some things. Things I will not mention here, but instead I will mention them over here: a lap top, some sticky notes, a tooth brush, a sticky top, some tooth notes, a lap brush, a tooth top, some lap notes, and a sticky brush. Mind you, these are all things I will use and that is why this was a very good Christmas.

In keeping with my pattern of starting paragraphs with short two or three letter words, I begin this paragraph accordingly. Anybody out there in the technological community looking to hire employees? Because hey, here's my resume. I wrote it up today, and I must say, I haven't stopped admiring it since. It's really one of the best resumes I have ever seen on my webspace, and that's including the one Severus Snape sneakily stored there several seasons ago. Speaking skillfully of my webspace, I also recently updated my public_html/index, dare I say yesterday. If you would like to check that out, point your browser to http://users.wpi.edu/~adamfisk/. You'll instantly notice that the color scheme matches my new eye-pleasing scheme here, and therefore it is simply superior to its predecessor.

And I suppose that brings us to the end of this plethoric entry. I would like to apologize to the book which I should be reading and all involved. I'll see you guys next year. Until then, please don't forget what I look like (some good ways to do this are to constantly pine over pictures of me, or simply draw my face wherever you are, whenever you have the chance) and Godspeed.

No comments: