March 01, 2003

So, I went to a show tonight. It was great. The first band was okay, but when AFI came on stage it was like a dream. I thought it was weird for them to be playing at the local Y, but it was awesome. They played about 14 songs, including "Death of Seasons" and "The Leaving Song Pt. II" (of the new cd Sing the Sorrow in stores March 11th). I got kicked in the eye by a kid trying to crowd-surf, but it was okay. There wasn't a stage, so why would anybody be trying to crowd-surf? It's a YMCA... ...Anyways, I talked to the whole band after the show, and got their autographs.

NOT!

I had you goin' there for a minute, didn't I? No? Well, you said it not me.
I really went to the YMCA to Another Tragic Ending's cd release show. Knuckledown opened for them. We arrived halfway through their set. Steve couldn't get in, because he was too old, so he got wicked mad, and he was punching the fuckers in the fucking face. Knuckledown sounded pretty good, especially with Ryan using my head. But the last song didn't sound too great, with only Chad playing the guitars. All of them. It was crazy.

So then, after they were done there was like a 15 minute break while Knuckledown un-set-up, and ATE set-up. I talked to some people, met some new people, and even ran into a kid I knew from Elementary School.

Then ATE started. They are really fun to watch live. They write their songs extremely well, I probably couldn't write half the stuff they do, and Sam is an amazing drummer. I'd love to see him drum in a hardcore band, it would be cool. They had so much energy. I really wanted to buy one of their cds, though, because I've been anticipating it forever. But I don't have 8 bucks. I only have 4, because I had to pay four to get into the show. So, there I was, darkness surrounding me, breathing in the cool sweat of the small room, and I couldn't buy a cd. Maybe I can strike a deal with the band, and get one anyways.

However, ATE isn't really my type of music, but they are great live.

No comments: