May 05, 2005

The End of the Road

Well, here it is, Kiddo. The sophomore year is over. Just think, two more years and then I am introduced to real life. Seems scary, huh? Psh... that's what you think. Keep that shit to yourself.

(Beastie Boys - I Don't Know)

Here I sit, alone in my dorm. My roommate Dave has already moved out for the summer; he left sometime this evening at about eight. Since then, I have packed all of my stuff sans my computer, because my computer is my only connection to you people right now. I made myself an OfficeBase(tm) for this last night at WPI. It's pretty neat, Tim is right. For those of you who don't know the power of the OfficeBase(tm), it is the magical area that is created when you make yourself a desk that sticks out from the wall, so people can sit on the other side of it and you can give them job interviews. It's like you're a boss; it gives you the feeling of ultimate power, really.

(John Williams - Anakin vs. Obi-wan)

So, I've gotten all my classes and projects squared away for next year. First term I will be taking Social Psychology along with Foundations of Embedded Computer Systems. Yes, that's right, I am taking NO computer science courses first term. However, you would be quick to notice that I did not list three classes, the normal number of classes one takes during a term here at WPI. I am doing my Sufficiency first term. And do you know what I get to do for it? I get to write a fuckin' screenplay. Suck on that, all you sucker MC wannabes! That's right, while most people have to write 20-50 page papers about why John Donne wanted God to rape him or why some guy from Rhode Island really liked jams, I get to write a 120 page screenplay about anything (most likely zombies and dragons).

(Opeth - Hope Leaves)

Do you guys even want to know what I am doing for my other three terms? After that last paragraph, you are probably shaking your boots right off your feet to find out what other awesome stuff I am doing next year. Well, I am also doing my IQP, which involves PLAYING FUCKING DOOM 3. Take that to your bank and cash it! That is going to take up the other three terms, so I'll only be taking two other classes each of those terms, also. Second term my classes include Database Systems and Digital Sound Design. The glory about this term is that MTRF I have a single one hour class at 4 in the afternoon, and on Wednesday I have one 3 hour class at one o'clock. Third term I am taking Molecularity and Foundations of Computer Science. There is no glory within third term, it's usually the worst. Final term finds me taking Database Systems II and Cognitave Psychology. Then the year is over.

(Sentenced - The Luxury of a Grave)

Well, blast, work begins soon at the golf course. Hopefully I'll have more to do than just work this summer, though. I have to read some books to prepare for writing my screenplay. I want to see a bunch of movies also (Star Wars III, Willy Wonka, Doom). Speaking of movies, I recently saw Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy and it was awesome. I would definately not mind paying another ten dollars to see it again at the theaters. I also recently saw Kung Fu Hustle, which I must say was a bit of a letdown. This summer also holds some great concerts such as Rhapsody/Manowar and Edguy/Hammerfall, so that will be fun.

(Elliot Smith - Say Yes)

If you are still reading after all of that boring shit, I applaud you. You are such a darling. I have a giant bottle of soda sitting here on my desk that hasn't been opened, and I don't plan on opening it anytime soon. By that, I mean I don't plan on opening it until I get home. These WPI provided chairs are really uncomfortable. Hey, if you want to see something totally cool, check this out: this. Reading through all of this redundant stuff may have been worth it afterall, if only to see that awesome photograph. I bet you all can't wait to see me once I get home from school. On a rather depressing note to end this entry, I suffered a random anxiety attack just the other day. It was very strange; probably one of the worst feelings I've ever had. It was the first one I have ever had, and hopefully the last, because I am too existential for that kind of stuff. Seriously. Sportacus is the coolest person ever.

No comments: