October 16, 2006

The Yggdrasil

What a terrible job it has. Imagine the difficulties of holding together not one, not two, but three worlds! I can hardly keep myself together these days. Talk about responsibility! O but I do what I can. Currently, I sit in my room in my house at home in Rhode Island. I type and listen to music. Although not usually at the same time, at least when what I type needs to have any merit. Take this instance. Take it and admire it and realize there is no music playing as I type this entry. I would tend to focus too much on the lyrics and verily they would creep into my words. And we wouldn't want a plagiarist on our collective conscience. Fuck you, I'm getting IN our collective conscience!

As of late, I have been schooled. Thrice-wise this summer and fall, though it only may feel like twice. Sometimes projects sit on the backburner of my mind until the final moments and then I just die a little inside, close the doors, open the windows, pull up a chair, and type-type-type until I am done. Sadly, this leads to nothing less than one-hundred percent A+ quality work. Except when they grade you every third of the way. I only do work in the last third. I think you can see where I am going with this so I'll stop now before I start to bore holes through your eyes.

Sometimes, in my adventures (and, dear reader, they are under the northern lights), sometimes I stumble across something that turns my soul into dust and my metal into rust. If you catch my meaning you'll see I'm talking about they sweet indie-folk elements of the Decemberists. I can't express how much their newest album "The Crane Wife" is brilliant. You would wonder how a guy like me would even like a girl like her. It is simple chemistry, really. Take two people, sit them in a room for two hours, make them each two lunches, give them each two albums to choose from, and they will clearly pick The Crane Wife. Why? I'll tell you. Because both of these people are me. I just blew my load on your mind.

When I settle down in my late twenties to early thirties I will have a wife, a house, and a strong urge to quit my job and tell the world amazing stories. Once I realize that is a strategy that will get me nowhere in life, I will keep my job, make massive amounts of money, and then quit my job to tell all the world amazing stories while I live in my amazing house with my amazing wife. Later I will become even richer.

So, now that you know of my life's work and plans and my planned life, I will bid you as honorable a farewell as I can and leave you to talk about me at your tea parties and family outings. sofuckoff

No comments: